Always on the lookout for new ideas in the kitchen here are ten of the best I have seen recently. Give them a try or add them to the back end of your mind under really good or useless kitchen facts.
1. To clean fruit stains off you fingers, rub them with white vinegar or a fresh potato.
2. Avoid putting oranges, lemons or tomatoes in the fridge,the low temperatures take away the flavour of these fruits.
3. Keep milk fresh for longer and stop it from going off, try adding a pinch of salt to the bottle when you first open it.
4. To clean the calcium buildup on the inside of your kettle, add a mixture of half white vinegar and half water, boil then empty.
5. Freeze left-over wine it in ice cube trays for easy addition to soups and sauces in the future.
6. Check the freshness of your eggs. Place them in about 10cm of water. Eggs that don’t float are fresh. If it floats, it’s past the fresh stage.
7. Keep lettuce fresh in the fridge by wrapping it in a clean, dry paper towel and storing lettuce and paper towel in a sealed bag in the fridge.
8. If you have added too much salt to a soup or stew, just drop in a peeled potato, the potato will absorb the excess salt.
9. If your loaf of bread is starting to go stale, just put a piece of fresh celery in the bag and close it back up.
10. Don’t store your bananas in a fruit bowl with other fruits. Bananas release gas that makes other fruit ripen quickly. Separating them will keep them fresh longer.